In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a multi-step process in which eggs (Oocytes) are extracted from the woman’s ovary (where the eggs are produced), fertilized by sperm in a laboratory and cultured into early embryos. A portion of these embryos may then be transferred into the woman’s uterus and those not transferred may be cryo-preserved (frozen) for a transfer at a later time. The fallopian tubal damage is the chief indication for anyone to consider IVF. Fortis is one of the best IVF treatment center in Bangalore. We come with a team of successful fertility doctors.
Louise Brown, the first IVF (in vitro fertilization) success, was born in 1978 from a mother whose fallopian tubes were irreparably closed.
Some of the factors to be considered before starting IVF programme for any patients include:
- Duration of infertility
- Age of the female partner
- Previous Infertility Treatment
- Associated Medical problems in the couple
- Female – Endometriosis, Blocked tube, fibroids etc.
- Male – Poor sperm count, mortality, absence of sperm (azoospermia)
In-Vitro Fertilization – Patients Flow Chart:
- Sub-fertile couple
- Infertility centre
- Infertility specialist
- Assessment of the couple
- Ovarian stimulation with hormones
- Ultrasound monitoring
- Oocyte retrieval or egg collection
- Fertilization check
- Embryo transfer
- Pregnancy check